Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sleep Log Day 3

I survived today. I had a few hours of uninterrupted work with a decent level of concentration in the morning, and then spent the afternoon spending money with my wife. She has been very supportive lately (would like me to finish school early I think), and even played with JJ in the backseat of our parked car while I took my 5 pm nap. For all of my naps today, I've fallen asleep rather quickly, but haven't felt totally refreshed after waking up. This was especially true at 1:30 am, and I washed the dishes and cleaned up until I felt I could manage some minor concentration (side note, washing knives when you're sleep deprived is not a good idea!).

We have a goal as a couple to cut all sweets out of our diet, and I imagine this will benefit my sleep adaptation. In some ways I feel like I'm not making much forward progress (and even slipping back) because the first night was so pleasant and productive. These last two nights have been much harder by comparison. I'm not planning on quitting any time soon though, and sincerely hope that my body adjusts sooner rather than later.

No comments: