Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Art Institute!

Last week my mom came into town! It was so great to have her here. All three of us went to the Institute of Art downtown. They had some beautiful paintings unfortunately their entire impressionist collection is traveling around the country. Bummer.

We did see American Gothic! Super cool. I was surpirised at how small it is and it wasn't in any special location! It was just there with all the other paintings!


This one below was Josh favorites! Painting of Darian Gray! Ok i am sure i spelt it all wrong so no need to be critical. I'm not an expert when it comes to paintings! but anyhow... I guess there is a book about this painting that JOsh really enjoyed and this is the actual painting they used in the movie! Josh was thrilled! I thought it was pretty grotesque. Maybe I should read the book.

No comments: